Thursday, January 26, 2012

Milestones in Our Lives

Today is the 49th birthday of my gorgeous wife and soul mate, Esther Yvonne Schultz! She surely doesn't look or seem that old to me. Like a good wine, she has aged well. Choosing her to be my wife was one off the smartest decisions I've ever made. Hard to believe that in one more year I will be able to say that I'm married to a 50 year old woman. Though Esther isn't much for a lot of hooplah or drawing attention to herself, I want her to feel special. She is throwing a party Friday and all you lady folk have received an invite. There will be some ladies from the community at the party as well. If you can't make it, no worries. Feel free to phone her or come on Sunday as we'll celebrate her life with some prayer and cake. If any of you feel inspired and want to make a cake let me know. If I don't hear from anyone on making a cake, I'll buy one.

To top it all off this year we will be celebrating 25 years of being married. Wow, it sounds like we are so ancient...though we don't feel that way. To think that if kids had arrived a year after getting married, we could be grandparents by now. We truly do not take this milestone for granted as we know that some of you have suffered the heartache of divorce and gone through some painful relational stuff! It really has been the grace of God.

Here are the gathering opportunities for the next few weeks:

  • This Sunday we will gather at 10:30am at our place-if you are coming and want to hang out over lunch bring a main dish to share with all. For those of you that were there last week, remember the one or two things that you wanted to practice this week in answering the question: How can I make a difference in learning to live from the heart? We shared these things with each other so we could be accountable for following through. Boy have my kids been keeping me accountable for what I voiced. Talk about mutual accountability that you can't hide from:--)
  • Next Saturday there will be a Worship Circle at Mac and Jo's place starting @ 6pm. Bring a main dish and desert or salad to share as we eat together as part of our time. Their address is 2163 Country Hills Circle NW
  • Sunday is the Super Bowl: For any of the men or ladies that like football you are welcome...bring some wings, or munchies and your favourite beer!
  • Monday, Jan. 30th is the last day to get the early bird deal for the Simply Jesus conference on March 2-3. So go to www.themosaicnetwork.net to register and pay online. Keep praying for this event as it will be a wonderful opportunity to be encouraged and equipped.
Love,

Tim and Esther


No comments:

Post a Comment